It's a vicious cycle. One that I am surely not the only victim of.
And, so I was thinking the other day about how I've haven't done a Friday Five in a while and a CONTEST in even longer so, I said to myself, "Self, you will combine your love of books in series with your love of giving away shit." And, of course, I agreed with myself.
BUT. I'm not going to do one contest. I'm going to do SEVERAL with the series theme. A series of contests, if you will. A new one every time the next installment of whatever series I am waiting on is set to be released. So, check back here regularly for more contests.
Now, on with the Friday Five show!!
1. Lt. Eve Dallas. She just kicks ass. New York's top murder cop in the year 2060, she has the uncanny ability to think like a killer, while still having compassion for the victims. At times, I am amazed at how she can look at a crime scene and spot even the tiniest clues, how she can link two seemingly un-linkable people, and yet still cannot get the vending machine to work without beating on it or even catch the candy thief that plagues her. Still, she just rocks. I so want to be her when I grow up.
2. Roarke. *sigh, swoon* He's just the perfect man. It doesn't hurt that he's hot and owns half the universe...well, okay, more like 20%, but hey, the universe is a freaking huge place! Yes, he does have some skeletons in his closet and he may not have always been on the right side of the law in the past, but he more than makes up for his criminal history in his capacity as expert civilian consultant when Dallas needs a little more info on certain cases.
3. Cars that go vertical. Lots of chase scenes involve Eve having to drive her car up, up, up in order to catch the bad guy. BAD ASS.
4. Peabody and McNab. Cutest, dorkiest couple ever. Often, I find myself wanting a few extra snips of them two. They're just two cute for words. It took a while for them to finally get over themselves and come together but now that they have, I want them stay that way. FOREVER.
5. Auto-Chefs. Best future invention that I wish we had now. Just punch in what you want and it makes it for you. period. and I love to cook, but I'd stand in line out in ten feet of snow to get my hands on one of those bad boys. just saying.
Okay, friends. Now, for the contest part. JD Robb's next installment of this series comes out on February 22, 2011, and as you know, I cannot wait. Entry to the contest couldn't be simpler. Just be a follower of this blog and comment below. Contest will be open until Thursday, Feb 10. And, on Friday, I will throw the names into a hat and pick a winner.
The winner will have the choice of a pre-order of TREACHERY IN DEATH (the newest one) or if you haven't experienced the sheer awesome-sauciness that is JD Robb as of yet, you can opt for the FIRST CASES which has NAKED IN DEATH and GLORY IN DEATH (the first two books). How great is that?!?! Okay. Contest starts...NOW. GO!!!