Which brings me to this week's Friday Five topic:
- Allison Brennan. If you have not exposed yourself (hehehe. exposed yourself hehehe) to this amazing woman's writing yet, you must go out an get...well, any one of her books. My faves are the Kincaid books (i.e. SPEAK NO EVIL, SEE NO EVIL, FEAR NO EVIL, LOVE ME TO DEATH and the soon-to-be-released KISS ME KILL ME) Really, I love all her books. They're chock full of suspense, killing sprees and the ensuing manhunt involved, and of course, a heaping side of romance. Plus, Allison is big into giving all sorts of advice on the writing and querying process. It doesn't matter what genre you write in, her words of wisdom shall help you through it. I know it has for me.
- Nathan Bransford. I know. I know. He's no-longer super agent to the masses, but he still blogs about all the great stuff we've come to expect from him, including contests where the winning peep gets query/manuscript critiques from other uber-agents, query advice, page critiques, and his weekly 'This Week In Publishing' posts. If you don't know him, well, you must be living under a rock. I'm just saying.
- Confessions from Suite 500. This site is maintained primarily by Suzie Townsend, Meredith Barnes, and Joanna Volpe. Each visit is a new and exciting experience filled with book reviews, agenty advice, cute dog pics, contests, and news about much-anticipated upcoming releases. DIVERGENT or INVINCIBLE SUMMER anyone? Yeah, I know. I can't wait for either of them, myself. Hint. Hint...if anyone has an ARC, I'd love to review it. If not...*shrugs* I'll just have to wait like everyone else. *sigh*
- Crazy Writer Girl. I love Alyson. A new intern for Pande Literary, she is pure AWESOMESAUCE. She's always offering little tidbits of advice regarding querying as well as putting up frequently posts that help take the mystery out of the whole "What do Agents want?" question we writers keep beating ourselves up with. Check her out, people!
- Query Shark. Need some query help? Brave enough to dive into the deep dark depths of this sharkly creature's preferred swimming ground? Then, hop on over and take a swim. If you're a little nervous about jumping in the deep end, just throw on some water wings, close your eyes, take a deep breath, and leap. You'll be glad you did.