- UGLIES by Scott Westerfeld ... YA dystopian (audiobook) my favorite non-ARC book this month. I can't believe I didn't read this sooner. and can't wait to crack open PRETTIES.
- FETCHING by Kiera Stewart ... MG contemporary (ARC ... release date: 11/08/2011) this was a fun, fast read. a barking good MG!
- THE BUTTERFLY CLUES by Kate Ellison ... YA mystery (ARC ... release date: 02/04/2012) I'm not usually impressed with YA mysteries. This one was quite intriguing. Not the usual Nancy Drew-esque murder mystery, but Lo (the MC) and all her quirks are very endearing.
- ZERO by Tom Leveen ... YA contemporary (ARC ... release date: 04/24/2012) LOVED this book! Quite possibly my favorite read this month. Mark this on your TBR lists for when it comes out!
- THE WHOLE STORY OF HALF A GIRL by Veera Hiranandani ... MG contemporary (ARC ... release date: 01/10/2012) One of the best MGs I've ever read. A very timely novel about one girl's struggle to figure out her cultural identity while dealing with the fallout of one parent losing his job.
- GRAFFITI MOON by Cath Crowley ... YA--yay for Aussie YA!!--contemporary (ARC ... release date: 02/14/2012) LOVED this book! I can't say enough good things about it. Make sure you put this on your TBR list as well!
- NEW YORK TO DALLAS by JD Robb ... Mystery/Suspense (number...like 38 or 46 or something like that of the IN DEATH books, and they just keep getting better and better!) GUH. this one just killed me. I loves me some Roarke.
- WATCH ME DIE by Erica Spindler ... Mystery/Suspense Like most of Erica Spindler's books, I picked out the killer within the first three chapters, but that didn't ruin the book for me. Added bonus: my favorite cop couple (Stacy Killian and Spencer Malone) are front and center here...and they finally get married! good for them!
- THE ELEVENTH PLAGUE by Jeff Hirsch ... YA dystopian Probably the scariest dystopian I've read recently...mostly because The Collapse as they call it in the book is completely believable as something that could happen today. Like I said: SCARY.
Friday, September 30, 2011
A Small List in September
Again with another short reading month, peeps. What is wrong with me? Have I lost my reading mojo? Ah, well. We can't always have double-digit months, I suppose. Right? Anyway, here's my September list: