- Dieting can be dangerous to your health. Yes, friends. I nearly choked on a carrot. Not once, not twice, but three times whilst eating my salad at lunchtime yesterday. Word to the wise, if you're going to watch what you eat, WATCH what you eat. It'll help you avoid swallowing wrong...er...that sounded vaguely dirty...but whatevs.
- Don't make sweeping declarations; they have a way of coming back to bite you. Earlier this week, I told several people that I was closing to book reviews for indefinite amount of time. No sooner had the words fell from my lips than I got not one but FOUR requests from authors/editors about books that I would've fallen all over myself to request had I been trolling the review sites that I normally frequent. Suffice it to say, I'm not closed to reviews. In fact, I now have more than I can handle, and I LOVE it.
- I cannot walk and talk at the same time. As many of you know, I'm an avid treadmill walker, mostly because it gives me a chance to watch Supernatural reruns without feeling guilty about loafing on the couch to do so. On Sunday, I decided that level 3 on the machine just wasn't cutting it, so I jacked it up to 4.7 and I was keeping up...that is until my mother called me. Then, I just about took a header off the thing. Lesson learned, minions. Lesson learned.
- I am really a little old lady trapped inside a (cough!) thirty-two (cough!) year-old's body. I have a friend soon to have a baby and decided that instead of a store bought gift, I was going to make her something...a crocheted baby blanket. It's looking pretty damn good so far if I do say so myself. Just call me Granny Karla.
- I really kick ass at Jeopardy! Er...the ones with the little kids. Pit me against sixth graders (or even celebrities) and I clean up. Not so much the adults, but I can pass as middle schooler, can't I?
Friday, January 27, 2012
Friday Five: Embrace The Randomness
So, this is going to be a short post today folks as I'm over at Tracey's Tavern sharing my very own Drunken Friday tale. BUT, before you go, I do have a Friday Five to impart.
Five Randomly Random Observations That Came To Me This Past Week
(perhaps the longest Friday Five title ever, btw)
That's it for my list, but what about all you fun friends? Tell me something random about you. I'll just be over at Tracey's Tavern getting my drink on...with Your Mom ;)