- THE HUNT by Andrew Fukuda ... YA Paranormal ARC you can find my review here
- INSURGENT by Veronica Roght ... YA Dystopian the sequel to DIVERGENT. this was a little quieter at the beginning but boy did it pack a punch during the middle and end. great read.
- MEMOIRS AREN'T FAIRYTALES by Marni Mann ... Contemporary/Literary a gritty tale of addiction that will leave you aching
- DEADLOCKED by Charlaine Harris ... Paranormal book #12 in the Sookie Stackhouse series. eh...not a fantastic read, but fan of the series will not be (completely) dissappointed
- THE FAULT IN OUR STARS by John Green ... YA Contemporary/Literary Cancer kids find love. GUH. Green has a way of just ripping your heart on one page than then making you laugh your f***ing a** off on the next.
- IN A FIX by Linda Grimes ... Urban Fantasy ARC fantastic debut novel here (expected release date: Sept 4, 2012...review on this blog sometime in August)
- SOMETHING ABOUT WITCHES by Joey W. Hill ... Adult Paranormal Romance not the best Hill book I've read, but some familiar characters make a cameo appearance, which I enjoyed seeing.
- FIFTY SHADES OF GREY by EL James ... Adult Romance With so much hype surrounding this book, I was not only roped into buying the first book in the series but all three, thinking that they'd be awesome reading. I was so wrong, friends. This was so NOT an awesome read. I really, really disliked it and not because of the BDSM element. There was just so much I disliked about this book that I can't even begin to list all the wrongness found within these pages.
- FIFTY SHADES DARKER by EL James ... Adult Romance So, if I disliked the first book so much, you're probably wondering why I read the second, huh? Well first, I bought the bundle and felt the need to get the most out of my money. I doubt I'll further the torture by reading the third book. Although...you never know. Second, I felt this need to find out an answer to one of the questions that plagued me through the first book. Yes, I got my answer here, but I'm left wondering if all that hassle was worth my time, effort, and above all my money.
Wednesday, May 30, 2012
May's Reading Menagerie
It's the end of the month, folks, and you know what that means. Yep, reading list time :)