This Friday Five is all about what's been up with Karla since we last convened for a Friday Five. I give you all:
- Karla's lawn maintenance activities ground to a halt when Severus Snake made a surprise re-appearance by leaping* out in front of the lawnmower and thus scaring the poo out of her.
- Creepy Neighbor** exhibited more suspicious behavior. Karla went on stake-out duty for most of a night, ready to make a citizen's arrest, only to come away empty-handed. The next morning, CN asked her what she was doing in her lanai (without benefit of lights) for the majority of the night. Apparently, Karla still has much to learn about remaining inconspicuous during said evidence-gathering missions.
- Karla got her first royalty statement for ALWAYS AND FOREVER!! Yippee! Just so we all know, though, royalty statements are a bit confusing to read, and Karla spent half that day trading emails with her book manager as she tried (and mostly failed) to decipher all those damnedable numbers. Royalty Statement: 5; Karla: -2 *hangs head in shame* Epic fail.
- When asked what Little Bro would want for X-mas, Karla's mother informed her that she should make him an afghan. Um...yeah. Karla has less than SIX weeks to make a blanket that would normally take her close to three months. Suffice it to say, she is now working like she belongs in a yarn sweatshop.
- Karla is still bouncing between two WiPs. One is her mystery and the other is her epic alien rebellion saga. She still can't decide which is shinier.
- There is a giveaway going on over at Goodreads, in which THREE copies of ALWAYS AND FOREVER are up for grabs. The contest closes on October 28, so if you haven't entered, you should ;)
- On Monday, October 29 and Tuesday, October 30, ALWAYS AND FOREVER will be available as a free Kindle download!